The ultimate list of free stuff
Everyone loves a freebie! We've compiled a list of the best free stuff you can pick up with a click – we've got everything here, from free food to hard cash (yes, really).
As we all know, money can be a bit tight when you're living the student dream.
This is why getting your hands on stuff free of charge is so satisfying, and it's even better when it's an online freebie. What better feeling than getting some good old fashioned Royal Mail post through the door?
We've listed some of our favourite things that are genuinely free of charge.
All freebies mentioned below have been tried and tested by us, and the total value exceeds £200!
100% free stuff
- KFC – Nom nom nom... free KFC wings or popcorn. For the chicken lovers among you.
- CV review – Join GRB and receive a CV review, plus help on finding a dream job.
- eBooks – Pick up free books here (Kindle) and here.
- Snack box – Get some healthy (or not-so-healthy) snacks delivered to your door for free.
- Premium rate calls – Call premium rate numbers for free using our tips.
- O2 sim card – Perfect for claiming O2 Priority Moment deals. If you don't have one, you're missing out on offers like free cinema tickets and pizzas!
- New products - Join product testing websites and get sent free stuff in exchange for sharing your thoughts.
- Three Mobile App Freebies – Are you on the Three mobile network? They've got a snazzy freebie app just for you.
- Free lottery draw – Just sign up to Pick My Postcode and check the site daily to see if you've won. It's free, and baggng the jackpot is more likely than winning the national lottery!
- Watch Freeview channels online – Use TVPlayer to stream all Freeview channels online. You can watch without a TV licence as long as you do this.
- Free photo prints – Start building your personalised bedroom wallpaper! There are around hundreds of free prints up for grabs (P&P not free).
- Free bets – NOT gambling! Use our step-by-step guide to matched betting to beat the bookies and make money out of the free bets on offer without risk.
- Birthday freebies – Our ultimate list of birthday freebies (that's stuff that you can get for free on your birthday) keeps on getting bigger!
- Cinema tickets – Get around one free cinema visit a month (sometimes more!). You could even watch exclusives that haven't even been released yet.
- Cloud storage – Use Dropbox to backup or store 2GB+ of files and in turn speed up your computer.
- Coffee – This is one for the caffeine addicts. Grab a free coffee at Benugo or at Caffe Nero with O2 Priority. Or get coffee with a croissant for free here.
- Software – Antivirus, office software, image editing and more in our free software list.
- Boots Products – Get free products if you become a Boots tester.
- Samples, vouchers and money – Sign up to legit survey sites and get free stuff (or money) in return for your opinion.
- International calls – Use Skype to make free calls when you're abroad (and at home) using WiFi.
- Quit smoking kit – Start your road to recovery today with this NHS freebie.
- Food! – There are loads of tricks you can use to get free grub. We've got the lowdown here.
- Anti-theft device tracking – Use Prey to track your laptop or smartphone if they are ever stolen.
- Household items – Check out local free listings on Gumtree and Freecycle for people's unwanted stuff.
- Recipes – There are loads of cheap and cheerful ideas on our student recipes page, plus a few ideas for dinner parties.
- Cocktails – Get a free cocktail most months from your local Pitcher & Piano. More info in our deals section!
- Prosecco – While you're in the mood for free alcohol, you can also pick up a free glass of prosecco at your local All Bar One. Cheers!
- Beer/gin/wine – You want more free drink? Go on then. Ember Inns give out a free bev to anyone that downloads their app. Simple.
- Cashback – Join Quidco and/or TopCashback for free and get money every time you buy something online. If you're new to all this, check out our guide to cashback.
- Water saving pack – Be kinder to the environment and save some cash with these water saving freebies.
- Free doughnut – Just follow these instructions and head to your local Krispy Kreme branch for your freebie!
- Cookie – You'll get a free Subway cookie every time you use your receipt to fill out the online feedback survey.
- Student money cheat sheet - This awesome page will change your life and save you £1000s (and yes, it was written by us).
- Magazines – Swot up on some current affairs with a free copy of The Week magazine as well as The Economist.
- Museum entry – National museums and art galleries are free entry in the UK. Check this list.
- Eye tests – It's well worth a check up, so get a free eye test – even if you don't think you need glasses!
- Condoms – Find out where you can pick up some free condoms near you.
- Gym pass – Grab a free three-day pass for Fitness First or check out our cheap gym guide for more.
- Sanitary products – Some student unions have committed to offering free sanitary products. Bodyform also regularly offer a free sample.
- STI test – It's better to be safe than sorry! Discover all the ways you can get a free STI test.
These freebies are for the seasoned money saver. The companies below offer you a free trial with the hope that you'll convert into a paying customer... but cancel as soon as your trial is over so you don't have to shed a penny!
- Audio books – Sign up to Audible and download a free audio book. Cancel within 30 days.
- Amazon Prime + Prime Video – Students get it free for 6 months. This offer is one of the best, for sure!
- Netflix – Perfect for watching the whole of Breaking Bad in a month!
- NOW TV – It's the only way you can stream Game of Thrones, and you can get a 14 day free trial.
- Credit report – Find out your credit score and what the banks think of you. Just cancel after receiving your report (more on credit reports here).
These are all 100% safe and legit, so you won't need to worry about your details being shared anywhere.
Limited time freebies
Understandably, most good freebies won't hang around for too long and will be subject to availability, so you've got to act quick!
We post any limited edition freebies we find on our Facebook page on a daily basis, as well as our Facebook group and our WhatsApp group. Alternatively, you can sign up to our weekly newsletter for a roundup of the best.
It's always worth checking our frequently-updated free stuff page too!