The student money experts
Save the Student is run by a passionate team of graduates working full-time to raise the profile of personal finance education for young people.
We are frequent writers for The Independent, The Guardian and The Huffington Post. We are always happy to offer sound-bites, interesting insights and commentary, which are well-informed and from a unique perspective through what we do every day.
From time-to-time we'll publish our source press releases on this page. Jump to contact form.
What and who are we?
- Founded in 2007 by Owen Burek, Save the Student is the largest student money site in the UK
- To date, the site has over 3,500 pages serving over 1.8m visits a month
- The site offers free advice on student money topics and news, as well as daily student deals
- We conduct national student surveys and publish results, including the annual National Student Money Survey
- From 2012, we have published the annual “Essential Student Guide to Finance“
- The team consists of six full-time graduates, and more than 15 student contributors
- Save the Student is part of a wider student-facing network including Save the Graduate
- We are committed to supporting students and graduates, from leaving school to starting a career.
Whether you are a journalist, researcher or a student we can help. Wondering how? All you need to do is get in touch with our PR man Jake Butler using the form below.