Join our team!
Thanks for your interest! We're always on the lookout for new super-powered talent to join us. Any vacancies at Save the Student will be posted on this page!
Save the Student was founded in 2007, and is now the UK's largest student money website.
As the cost of university continues to rise, we're working harder than ever to support students and graduates across the country.
What to expect at Save the Student
We’re an experienced and sociable team making digital waves from a 60-foot yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 15 seconds from a DLR station and 10 minutes from Canary Wharf.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but the boat-related puns end there (although probably knot).
You’ll have one-to-one meetings every week, and fortnightly group editor sessions.
And every morning you’ll be greeted by our adorable office dog, Harry, a Havanese that loves everybody!
The office space is open-plan on the first deck, mid-deck is home to a games/TV area, ping-pong table, kitchen and lounge… and then there’s the roof terrace, which comes with some amazing views!
Fridays mean beers, gins and occasionally a Deliveroo lunch. Plus every month the whole team takes half a day off to do something fun in London!
Want to know more about us first? Read the story of Save the Student!
Digital Content Editor
We're on a quest to find an experienced and passionate editor to join our team in East London.
Since 2007 Save the Student has grown to become the UK’s leading student money website. Our mission is to educate and support university students in making their money go further.
Trusted, high quality yet light-hearted content is essential to our ethos, and we pride ourselves on putting students first.
You'll be working alongside other editors to publish first-class, engaging content to our 2 million monthly readers.
We’re a friendly and experienced team, making digital waves from a 60ft open-plan yacht moored in a vibrant Canary Wharf dock!
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Being the face of content on the site
- Overall long-term content strategy
- Coming up with fresh and exciting content ideas
- Researching, copywriting & editing informative articles
- Sourcing, editing and placing images within articles
- Editing and proofreading the work of others
- Distributing content across social media channels
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest student finance & consumer news.
- Working on new and exciting projects
Only apply if you:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in some type of editorial work
- Have a genuine interest in personal finance, consumer and student issues
- Are a stickler about spelling and grammar
- Have experience with online editing
- Have been to university
- Are passionate about helping people
- Keep up with pop culture
- Can meet tight deadlines
- Have a GSOH (at risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad)
- Are happy to work with our friendly office dog (Harry the Havanese)
This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of creative decisions and be read by millions. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
Competitive (dependent on experience)
How to apply:
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
- Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
- Attach or link to 2 examples of recent work
- Attach your favourite meme (of all time)
- Attach an up-to-date CV
Send the above via email to
Are you an aspiring writer or blogger looking to pimp up your writing portfolio? At Save the Student we’re always keen to hear from students and recent graduates who’d like to join our team of freelance writers.
If you’re a Twitter and Facebook buff who’s always lecturing their friends on how to save money, knows how to spot a deal and has their finger on the pulse when it comes to pop culture and current affairs, you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
To apply, get in touch with us explaining why you think you’d be perfect for the job, in no more than 100 words. Don't forget to attach your CV and any examples of written work, as well as your favourite meme of all time.
Please send your application to
Unfortunately we can't reply to every application that we receive, but if we're interesting in further discussions with you, we'll try to reply within two weeks.
Please contact us for any other current vacancies.
Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂