Easy chicken breast traybake recipe
It's your turn to cook dinner, and you don't feel like making yet another lasagne. What can you whip up? Check out our easy chicken traybake recipe.
This easy chicken traybake recipe takes 45 minutes to make, including 30 minutes of cooking. It's a super quick dish to prep and returns a delicious meal, if we do say so ourselves.
And what's more, you don't have to make this traybake with chicken. Halloumi is a great vegetarian alternative, or you might wish to use chorizo instead (or as well as – we won't judge). This versatile bake is a great option for dinner time as it feeds four people and is packed with nutrition from various fruits (yes, a tomato is a fruit) and vegetables.
Dig out your oven gloves and your aprons. It's time to make a dish that'll impress your pals at the next dinner party. You're a culinary genius, you just don't know it yet. Here's how to make our easy chicken traybake.
Easy chicken traybake recipe
Serves: 4 | Costs: £6.79* (£1.70 per serving) | Time taken: 45 mins
- 650g of chicken breast, or around 3–4 medium-sized breasts (£4.20)
- 500g of sweet potato (£0.50)
- 3 courgettes (£1.15)
- 4 carrots (£0.20)
- 2 red onions (£0.15)
- 250g of cherry tomatoes (£0.55)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (£0.04).
- Preheat your oven to 200°C, gas mark 6, or 180°C if you've got a fan oven.
- Gather your sweet potatoes, courgettes, carrots, onions and tomatoes and slice them how you like them. We'd recommend slicing your fruits and vegetables thickly and diagonally to make sure you're really capturing all of those flavours in your traybake.
- Combine the above ingredients in a large, oven-friendly tray, and season the mix to taste. You may opt for the traditional salt and pepper, or something more adventurous. This bit is down to you. Top tip: we'd recommend seasoning with garlic and thyme. Trust us, it tastes really, really great.
- Mix the fruits and vegetables together with your hands so you've got a good spread. It'll probably already look wonderfully colourful and good enough to eat at this point – that's how you know you're on the right track.
- Slice your chicken diagonally or dice it with a sharp knife and place it on top of your potatoes, courgettes, carrots, onions and tomatoes.
- Season again – you can never have enough seasoning.
- Cover the tray in foil and bake for 30 minutes in your preheated oven.
- Once cooked, dish up and serve. Top tip: this tasty traybake is good enough to be enjoyed on its own, but if you're feeling particularly peckish, you can serve it with some mashed potatoes.
Healthy and delicious, this chicken traybake recipe is a real winner. Keep your heart (and your stomach) happy by feeding it foods that are rich in protein and various other nutrients.
Plus, the real beauty of this recipe is that if you can't finish it all in one sitting. Simply allow it to cool down and refrigerate it to enjoy the following day. Just make sure your chicken is piping hot when reheating!
We can't think of a better dinner to make for your flatmates.
Wondering what to do with those 20 tins of beans you bought when you moved into your halls? Check out our guide to delicious meals you can make with baked beans.