Make your own Nutella
Save money on your Nutella addiction – take matters into your own hands and make some at home!
Oh Nutella – your wonderful hazelnutty and chocolatey goodness is too addictive, so much so you even cost one world class German footballer his job!
Eat it on toast, on pancakes, on ice cream or straight off the spoon (or, more accurately, out the jar). The possibilities are endless!
However, once hooked it can be a tasty but expensive addiction. If only there was an easy way to make Nutella at home... oh wait, there is!
Once you've bought all the ingredients in bulk you will be making a substantial saving.
How to make your own Nutella
- 275g hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175ml Rapeseed Oil/Vegetable Oil
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven on 200C for about 10 minutes until slightly browning.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and puree until really smooth.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and then puree for 30 seconds.
- Add the oil and puree for 30 seconds more.
- If you have a sieve then strain the mixture to get the last bit out, if not then you can enjoy it a little lumpy.
So there you have it. It's really as simple as that to make your own Nutella by using simple ingredients.
Got a recipe you'd like to share? Give us a shout in the comments below!