Homemade Nutella recipe
If you're looking for the perfect recipe to recreate Nutella, look no further. Here's how to make your favourite chocolate spread at home.
Nutella is near-impossible to resist but, when it's so easy to make at home, you'll wonder why you ever bought it in-store.
The hazelnuts will be the priciest ingredient to buy. However, if you're a keen baker, you'll likely have most of (if not all) the other ingredients at home already. So, you could find yourself saving a nice amount of money by making Nutella at home.
Plus, if you're looking for a last-minute gift, homemade Nutella in a cute, hand-labelled jar is bound to please any sweet-toothed friend.
How to make chocolate spread
- 275g hazelnuts (£2.65)*
- 6 tablespoon cocoa powder (£0.26)
- 150g icing sugar (£0.25)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (£0.01)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (£0.12)
- 175ml rapeseed oil/vegetable oil (£0.18).
Total cost: £3.47.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for about 10 minutes until slightly browning.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and puree until really smooth.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and then puree for 30 seconds.
- Add the oil and puree for 30 seconds more.
- If you have a sieve, then strain the mixture to get the last bits out. If not, this is fine – it will just have a bit of texture.
It's as simple as that to make your own Nutella by using simple ingredients – we particularly recommend trying it on homemade pancakes.
Did you know that dark chocolate is actually one of the best revision snacks you can have?