How to make your own Nutella
For all those prone to a hefty Nutella addiction... Here's how to make your own version of the delicious chocolate spread at home!
Oh Nutella – so wonderfully hazelnutty and chocolatey. Our fave chocolate spread is so addictive that it's easy to get through a tub in one sitting.
Eat it on toast, on pancakes, on ice cream or straight off the spoon (or, more accurately, out the jar). The possibilities are endless!
However, once hooked it can be a tasty but expensive addiction. If only there was an easy way to make Nutella at home... oh wait, there is! There are easy ways to work off the calories afterwards too 😉
Chocolate spread recipe
- 275g hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175ml rapeseed oil/vegetable oil
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven on 200C for about 10 minutes until slightly browning
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and puree until really smooth
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and then puree for 30 seconds
- Add the oil and puree for 30 seconds more
- If you have a sieve then strain the mixture to get the last bit out, if not then you can enjoy it a little lumpy
So there you have it. It's really as simple as that to make your own Nutella by using simple ingredients and totally delicious on homemade pancakes!
Use these outrageously cheap alternatives to cleaning products to mop up after your impromptu homemade Nutella fest!