Apple Music student discount
About Apple Music
Apple Music rivals Spotify in bringing users a huge collection of 100 million songs, together with handpicked playlists and access to podcasts and on-demand radio shows. It’s available on all Apple devices and offers students a generous discount against subscription fees.
Features of Apple Music include:
- 100 million songs, plus your entire iTunes library
- Listen online or offline
- Free trial with no commitment (but make sure you cancel if you don't want to be charged)
- Stream ad-free music and music videos
- Download 100,000 songs to your library
- Access across your devices
- See what your friends are listening to
- Original shows, concerts and exclusives
- Beats 1 live and on-demand radio shows
Student subscribers also get limited-time free access to Apple TV+, which is Apple’s own streaming service, premiering Apple Original TV shows.
It's worth noting that an Apple Music family subscription could prove a cheaper option if you can split the cost with 5 other people - it allows access for up to 6 people (each with their own personal account) for just £16.99. Split between 6 people, this works out less than £2.84 each.
Regardless of which option you choose, you'll always get a free trial so you can try before you subscribe.
How to get student discount at Apple Music
It’s easy to get your student discount at Apple Music - just follow these simple steps:
- Head to the Apple Music app
- Go to ‘Listen Now’ or ‘For You’
- Tap on the trial offer and choose ‘Student’
- Click ‘Verify Eligibility’
- Sign in to your UNiDAYS account to verify your student status
- You’ll be redirected back to Apple Music – sign in with your Apple ID and confirm your billing information
- Hit ‘Join’
- Enjoy listening to your favourite tunes!
You’ll get a free trial, then will be billed the student subscription cost for future months. At the end of each year of your subscription, you’ll be asked to reverify your student status through UNiDAYS.
Frequently asked questions about Apple Music student discount
Check out our collection of frequently asked questions about Apple Music student discount below. If you’ve got a question we haven’t answered on this page, just leave a comment, or get in touch through our Facebook group.
Can all students get student discount at Apple Music?
Yes! As long as you can verify your student status by logging in to UNiDAYS, you can get the discount.
Are any perks excluded with a Apple Music student subscription?
Nope! You’ll enjoy all of the perks that come with a standard subscription, plus free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time.
Apple Music sales, offers, and promotions
Apple Music has regular offers and promotions where you can save further by getting extended free trials and discounted membership. These are good to keep an eye out for once you graduate and no longer qualify for the student discount so you can avoid the price hike. Free trials are only usually available to new customers, so you won’t be able to claim them using an email address you’ve signed up with before.
Past offers at Apple Music
Past Apple Music offers featured here at Save the Student includes:
- Up to 6 months free Apple Music
- 4 months free Apple Music Family plan
- Free 5 months Apple Music with Trainline app bookings
- 6 months free Apple Music for EE customers
- and more!
Look at the section above for the current active offers and discounts.
Don’t forget to keep checking back for the most recent Apple Music offers, sales and deals.
Discounts similar to Apple Music
Any discounts, offers or voucher codes listed here were correct at time of publishing. Please click here if you believe the information for Apple Music needs updating
To support our site, we may use links which earn us a commission at no extra cost to you.