Join our team!
Thanks for your interest! We’re always on the lookout for new superpowered talent to join us. Any vacancies at Save the Student will be posted on this page!
Save the Student has been around since 2007, and is now the UK’s largest student money website.
Every month millions of students turn to us for the latest student news and financial advice, and to take advantage of the great student deals and exclusives we have on offer.
As the cost of university continues to rise, we’re working harder than ever to support students and graduates across the country.
So as you might expect, we’re also committed to providing opportunities to students and recent graduates by recruiting them into our young and dedicated team!
Want to know more about us first? Read the story of STS.
Do you LOVE hunting for deals? Would your friends describe you as a ‘penny pincher’ (whilst running to you for tips each time they’re about to spend cash)?
If this sounds like you, you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for. Save the Student is on the hunt for a full-time Deals Editor to join their crew in East London.
Hunting down great deals and sharing them with the budget-conscious is at the heart of what we do here at Save the Student.
We’re now looking for an ambitious self-starter who’s able to use the resources we provide and take STS’s deals to the next level.
As Deals Editor, your key responsibilities will involve:
- Researching and verifying new deals and offers that are relevant to our audience
- Writing engaging high-quality content to explain each deal
- Ensuring all published deals are accurate and up to date
- Support with production of our weekly deals email
- Engaging with our community: Emails, Facebook (250k fans), Twitter (7.2k)
- Creating eye-catching graphics (using templates)
- Liaising with leading brands and retailers about offers.
You’ll have the following essential attributes:
- Passionate about deal hunting and a frequent user of deals websites
- Flawless English (grammar and spelling) with an engaging writing style
- Follow current pop culture (for youth references/images)
- Have been to university
- Good grasp of social media
- Able to stick to tight deadlines
- Have a GSOH (at risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad).
… and experience in the following is desirable:
- Affiliate marketing
- Facebook page management
- WordPress and HTML.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of creative decisions and be read by two million monthly readers. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What to expect at Save the Student:
We’re an experienced and sociable team making digital waves from a 60-foot yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 30 seconds from a DLR station.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but we promise the boat-related puns end there (although probably not).
The office space is open-plan on the first deck, mid-deck is home to a games/TV area, ping-pong table, kitchen and lounge… and then there’s the roof terrace, which comes with some amazing views!
Fridays mean Deliveroo lunches and beers/gins, and every month the whole team takes half a day off to do something fun in London!
Competitive (dependent on experience) + pension contributions
How to apply:
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
- Contain your excitement, take 3 deep breaths….focus
- Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
- Tell us about 2 of the best deals you’ve come across recently
- Link us to your favourite YouTube video (of all time)
- Attach an up-to-date CV
Send the above via email to before Monday 6th February
Thanks for your interest, we hope to hear from you very soon!
Are you an aspiring writer or blogger looking to pimp up your writing portfolio? Save the Student are on the hunt for a current student or recent grad to join our team of freelance writers.
If you’re a Twitter and Facebook buff who always has their finger on the pulse when it comes to pop culture, current affairs and money saving – you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
To apply, send an email to explaining why you think you’d be perfect for the job, in no more than 100 words. Don’t forget to attach your CV and any examples of written work.
Please contact us for any other current vacancies.