You can get PAID to test spas this summer
Looking to make some extra cash this summer, but also hoping to chill? You're in luck – at the end of term, you could get paid to lounge in spas, test hot tubs and get pampered. Yes, really.
Your days might currently be filled with libraries, revision and exams, but your summer could be very different.
You could spend four days in summer getting treated to spa treatments – and getting paid for it. £125 per day, to be exact.
On each spa visit, you'll be offered complimentary food, teas and coffees and a couple of glasses of champagne.
Liking the sound of this? SpaSeekers are offering this opportunity to someone who's savvy with social media. As part of the job, you'd be asked to take photos and videos of your spa visits and share them online.
If you fancy earning £500 this summer to relax and take a few pictures for social media, read on to find out how to get this pretty amazing summer job.
Our tips for choosing the best photo
For this opportunity, you'll need to post a holiday photo on social media to apply (more info below). Here are some tips for choosing a winning pic:
- Natural lighting is usually best for photos. When choosing what to post, maybe avoid the mirror selfies and find a photo of you living your best life in the sun.
- Think about the background. No matter how good you look, a photo can be ruined if the space behind you looks messy, unclean, or just generally unappealing. For this holiday pic, you want people to see it and think, "I want to go there".
- Be original. There may be plenty of other applicants for this role submitting their best hotdogs-or-legs shots at the beach but, if you want to stand out, you should do something different. Let yourself be a little creative – it might just pay off.
- Find a picture which expresses who you are. If there's a photo which really conveys your personality, style, quirks or sense of humour, this could be a great choice.
- Do your research. For an idea of the types of photos SpaSeekers are interested in, check out their social media. Don't copy the images they already use, but if you choose a photo which both reflects you and fits in with their social-media style, you could be onto a winner.
How to apply
Applying's easy. If you've got a picture where you're looking chilled and living the holiday dream, that photo could win you a nice amount of money and some very lovely days out this summer.
All SpaSeekers are asking you to do to apply is share your best holiday snap on social media, adding #dreamsummerjob in the caption and tagging @SpaSeekers.
You can post the pic onto Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and, if you're successful, you could get some even more Insta-worthy photos for your feed.
The competition closes on 31st May 2019 and is open to UK residents aged 18 and over. The winner will be announced on 3rd June 2019.
You can see the full terms and conditions for this opportunity on SpaSeeker's website.
Some of the best (and weirdest) jobs we know of
This opportunity's pretty great, but we know of plenty more quirky ways to make money:
- Get paid to talk about Game of Thrones
- Start working as a professional wingman or wingwoman
- Run an alpaca farm in your spare time
- Get hired to be a real-life mermaid
- Sell your old toilet roll
- Become a professional social-media stalker
- Coach people on how to use dating apps
The Make Money section of our website has some great tips for earning extra cash while still at uni.