26 April 2016
Tesco will hold last Clubcard Boost event in May
Tesco have announced they’ll be scrapping their popular Boost events, which give shoppers the chance to double up on Clubcard points for a limited time.
Been saving up your Tesco Clubcard points religiously in the hope of splurging on a new TV (for half the price) at the next Boost event?
Looks like this will be the last chance you get to make this kind of saving, as Tesco have decided that the last ever Boost event will take place between Monday 16th May and Sunday 26th June.
Boost events have been really popular amongst shoppers, as they’re a rare opportunity to double the value of your collected Clubcard points and get twice as much for your points.
In a letter that will be sent out to all Clubcard holders, Tesco have claimed they’re scrapping the double-up event to focus more on offering Clubcard holders more value “all year round.”
This comes just after Sainsbury’s announced a couple of weeks ago that they’re scrapping their Brand Match price promise scheme in favour of “lower regular prices”.
Are we seeing a bit of a trend here? Are these supermarkets really ending these events so that they can offer better deals across the board, or are they, as one disappointed customer suggested, just “getting more greedy”?
Note that it’s only the Tesco Boost that will end – you can still exchange vouchers in the Clubcard Boost Partners scheme.
Stuff you can spend your Clubcard points on
Even if you’re not a regular Tesco shopper, as long as you have 150 Clubcard points you can spend them. Keep an eye out for any Clubcard vouchers that come through in the post – don’t bin them, use them! Your vouchers are also stashed online in your Clubcard account so can be used for online shopping too.
It’s worth knowing that your clubcard points aren’t limited to being used in Tesco, either. Here are a few other ways you can spend your Clubcard points – get collecting now so you can double up for the last time on May 16th!
- Fuel: We all know how expensive petrol can be. You can use your vouchers or exchange points for fuel at one of Tesco’s garages.
- Restaurant vouchers: You can exchange your points to get up to 4 times the amount in restaurant vouchers! For example, you can exchange £2.50 in points for £10 to spend in Bella Italia, Zizzi and Ask.
- Days out: You can get an adult Cineworld ticket for £3.50 in Clubcard points, or entry to Thorpe Park for £12.50 (If your points can’t stretch that far, never fear! You can get cheap 241 cinema tickets all year round for just a few pounds with Meerkat Movies, or you can get student discount on Thorpe Park tickets.)
- Railcards: Exchange £15 in Clubcard points and you’ll get a Young Person’s Railcard which will save you a third on train tickets (if you’re aged 16-25).
- Coachcard: Spend more time on coaches than the train? For just £5 in Clubcard points, you’ll get a Young Person’s Coachcard and you’ll save a third on all coach trips.
Share this page :)